Monday, September 10, 2007

"The Shock Doctrine" - - Promo for Naomi Klein's latest

The secret history of the "free market."

The secret of the fascisti successes: treating the populace like captured enemies whose will to resist must be broken.

The entire public relations/advertising industry--every jot and tittle=--is devoted to disorienting people, so as to prevent their cognitive apprehension of the real conditions in which they are imprisoned and confined, and to stimulate in them the need to cooperate with their jailers.

Quoth Ms. Klein: "When I finished The Shock Doctrine, I sent it to Alfonso Cuarón because I adore his films and felt that the future he created for Children of Men was very close to the present I was seeing in disaster zones. I was hoping he would send me a quote for the book jacket and instead he pulled together this amazing team of artists -- including Jonás Cuarón who directed and edited -- to make The Shock Doctrine short film. It was one of those blessed projects where everything felt fated." - Naomi Klein

No comments: