Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Letter To The President

To: Hon. Barack H. Obama, J.D., President, United States of America
From: Woody P Konopelli, Ph.D., Citizen, United States of America

Sir:
I and many of my friends, correspondents, and colleagues agree: During the campaign, we all heard you say, at various times and in various ways, words to the effect that you were OPPOSED to, and would would "DO SOMETHING" about the PATRIOT ACT, the worst legislative outrage ever perpetrated by the State upon its People, their liberties and freedoms (the Alien & Sedition Act notwithstanding).

Little did we know, and less could we then imagine, standing hopefully on the brink of change, that by "doing something," what you meant was strengthening and extending it, not once but already twice.

Haha. I guess the joke's on us, pretty good. huh? Haha.

But you know the old saying: "Fool me once...?
Well, that was it; that was the "once." I know you now.

Sincerely,

Woody

2 comments:

Cirze said...

Are we all on the same page.

Finally?

I quoted Jim Hightower's latest today as I publicly broke with my past of supporting the Obama team.

I don't like any of them now.

Or trust them.

Thanks for your your commentary.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

I could have written this at just about any time in the last two years, substituting only the casus belli. O'Bama is and always was a gull nd a distraction.