Thursday, December 4, 2008

This Is What I Gotta "Just Get Used To?"

Via the invaluable RealNews:

"Much has been said about the strong personalities who will feature in President-elect Barack Obama's national security "team of rivals." But Obama has already made it clear that "the buck stops" with him. Pepe Escobar argues that instead of "change," what America has in fact brought is an Obama vision that may not be too dissimilar from the war on terror framework."

One need look only at the appointments already announced. And the Obamanauts are telling me to "Get Used To It!", and if I don't like it, I can just pound sand...

Where have I heard that before?

2 comments:

kelley b. said...

You won't be alone if you don't get used to it!

If Obama insists on being a springboard for the neoliberal faction of the Carlyle Group, we can just insist on pointing that out as loudly and frequently as possible.

That is something the progressive blogsphere is going to have to get used to: you're right there with a handful of others now, but with time you'll have more comapany.

Because as time goes by more people are going to see what a scam they've been sold. Despite his populist and increasingly centrist demeanor, Barry O. has about as much in common with the average American as Condi Rice or Clarence Thomas.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

During the campaign, I characterized Obama as America's political Febreze: He doesn't REALLY fix anything, but he makes the shit smell better. I haven't changed my mind...